ABOUT

Friday 20 February 2015

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Hat!

 Here is Adelaide, the traveling hat!
Aqui está a Adelaide, o chapéu viajante!


Many of you know about the exciting adventure that Adelaide, from the project "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Hat" is taking on. For those whom don't know, I will explain. Adelaide is a beautiful hat, made by the hands of talented Tanith Rowan from Australia! Please visit her blog for details and to check the traveling of our dear Adelaide through the entire world. Tanith sent Adelaide from Australia to UK where had the first stop at Jeni whom has amazing photos with it, then went to Belgium to our beautiful Emma that looks gorgeous with it, afterwards came to Portugal (to me!) and yesterday I sent it to Norway to dear Linn!

Muitas de vós conhecem a fantástica aventura que a Adelaide, do projeto "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Hat", está a ter. Para quem não conhece, passo a explicar. A Adelaide, é um chapéu lindo, feito pelas mãos da talentosa Tanith Rowan, da Austrália! Por favor, visitem o blogue dela para detalhes e visualizar a viajem da nossa querida Adelaide pelo mundo inteiro. A Tanith enviou a Adelaide para Inglaterra onde teve a sua primeira paragem na Jéni que tem fotografias incríveis com o chapéu. Depois foi para a Bélgica para a nossa bonita Emma, que fica linda com ele. A seguir veio para Portugal (para mim!) e ontem enviei para a Noruega, para a querida Linn!


I cannot tell you enough how exciting this is. The hat is so well made and so stunning. I wish I had some nice outfit from the forties for the photographs. I only have day clothes and this hat deserves more sophistication and pretty dresses. So I'm wearing a vintage dress from Japan, I think from the 70s. The dress has a beautiful pattern and sheer and delicate fabric. I think matches well the gorgeous hat. I wish the weather was more helpful to take pictures outside, but is that time of the year... cold and grey sky. But that didn't take out of the fun, and it was a wonderful and unique experience!

Não consigo expressar o suficiente do quanto isto me entusiasma. O chapéu está muito bem conseguido e é lindo. Quem me dera ter roupa adequada dos anos 40 para usar nas fotografias. Mas só tenho roupas do dia-a-dia e este chapéu merece algo mais sofisticado e vestidos glamorosos. Então, estou a usar um vestido vintage do Japão, penso que dos anos 70. O vestido tem um padrão lindo e o tecido é transparente e delicado. Acho que fica bem com o deslumbrante chapéu. Gostaria que o tempo tivesse melhor para tirar fotografias lá fora, mas é aquela altura do ano... frio e céu escuro. Mas isso não tirou a diversão, e foi uma experiência única e maravilhosa!


And there she goes, Adelaide, with so many stories to tell about the incredible women she met in the way back to Australia, her homeland. A hat that linked so many people with the same passion and sparkle in their eyes. Bye bye Adelaide and thank you for your visit! ;o)

E lá vai ela, Adelaide, com tantas estórias para contar acerca das mulheres incríveis que ela conheceu no caminho de volta á Austrália, a sua terra natal. Um chapéu que ligou tantas pessoas com a mesma paixão e brilho nos olhos. Adeus Adelaide e obrigada pela visita! ;o)

Beta xx

PS - I cannot believe that Adelaide came in time for my birthday (I became 39), for Valentines Day and Carnival... can you believe how lucky I am? :o)

***

12 comments:

  1. Adelaide é muito linda! Amei o look. Suas fotos estão maravilhosas <3

    Beijos, Pri
    http://vintagepri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adelaide is a beauty ;-)
      Obrigada Pri, sempre me fazes sorrir :)

      Beijo,
      Beta

      Delete
  2. Beta, you look gorgeous and so stylish!! What a beautiful dress and lovely photos.

    It's so special to see you in one of my hats. It makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Tanith, for me was rather special to be able to sport one of your creations. I never had a such beautiful hat like Adelaide!

      Thank you so much!

      Beta x

      PS - I cannot wait to see the next stop of Adelaide... exciting! :)

      Delete
  3. How exquisitely lovely, dear Beta!!! You look absolutely gorgeous in Adelaide. I love how she pops against your red dress. The classic pairing of colours channeling a patriotic WW2 (on the allied side :)) kind of vibe.

    I'm taking part in the sisterhood of the traveling hat, too, and so adore that we both, along with the other participants, get to add a little bit of our spirit, so to speak, to this fabulously pretty creation that Tanith so generously sent out into the world for us to each enjoy for a while.

    Happiest birthday wishes, my precious friend! I had to double check what you'd written regarding your age, as you look all of 25 (at most!) to me. I would never have thought based on our appearances that you were older than me. You have such a radiant, young looking face, sweet Beta - clearly the fountain of youth must be in Portugal! :)

    With all my heart, I wish you a joyful year ahead filled with kind days and positive health,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lovely friend, thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your kind words. I cannot wait till Adelaide reaches you! It's so exciting to see Adelaide with so many lovely people, this is so joyful. I love it!

      Oh my, inspite of my eyes dark circles and bad skin (I never sleep!), I still don't look 39. I have to be grateful! But my dear friend, you also don't look the age you are! :o) Your skin is beautiful and white, you are just a pretty doll honey gal :)

      Countless warm hugs to you my sweet friend!

      Beta

      Delete
  4. I have been following Adelaide's travels and indeed she well get to me at some point on her journey. Lovely photos of you, you wear the hat very well and I like the colour combinations with your dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kate, thank you so much for your lovely comment! I remember of your beautiful creations (hats) on our sweet Jessica's blog. It's so nice to have you here :)

      I cannot wait till Adelaide reaches you! ;o)

      Beta xx

      Delete
  5. Look incrivelmente lindo!!! amei demais.
    O chapéu é lindo, e o vestido maravilhoso.
    Boa semana, bjuxx
    Casa Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Querida amiga você ficou linda e deslumbrante com esse chapéu e adorei conhecer esse projeto fantástico! Seu vestido combinou muito bem. Meus parabéns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Este projecto é tão giro! O chapéu é um mimo e apesar de estares meia limitada, ficaste um amor com ele ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olá Inês! O projecto é fantástico e mal posso esperar para ver a próxima paragem da Adelaide. Tenho poucos chapéus e fiquei encantada com esta criação maravilhosa da Tanith Rowan. Consegues encontrar com facilidade chapéus vintage no Porto?

      O teu blogue é muito giro, tenho seguido ;-)
      Beijinhos xx

      Beta

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and thoughts. I appreciate each word and I look forward to read more about you. Come to visit more times! ;-)
..........................................................................................................................................
Muito obrigada pelos teus comentários e pensamentos. Cada palavra é apreciada e espero lêr mais sobre ti. Vem visitar-me mais vezes! :-)

Miss Beta